Yuan Li, Associated Professor
Yuan Li received his B.Sc. degree from Zhejiang University in 2008. He obtained M.S. degree at Eindhoven University of Technology in 2010 and then gained his Ph.D. degree from National University of Singapore (supervised by Prof. Christian A. Nijhuis) in 2015. From 2016 to 2019, he worked as a postdoc fellow in Whitesides Research Group at Harvard University. Since 2019, he has joined Tsinghua University as an associated professor. His research mainly focuses on the phenomena and mechanism of charge transport in molecular junctions via investigating the relationship between the electronic properties and the (super) molecular structure; methods of designing novel molecular electronic devices, and the applications in chip design, quantum transport and other fields.
1. Li, Y.; Root, S. E.; Belding, L.; Park, J.; Rawson, J.; Yoon, H. J.; Baghbanzadeh, M.; Rothemund, P.; Whitesides, G. M. Characterizing Chelation at Surfaces by Charge Tunneling, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143, 5967-5977.
2. Yuan, L.#;; Wang L.#; Garrigues, A. R.#; Jiang, L.; Annadata, H. V.; del Barco, E.; Nijhuis, C. A.Transition from Direct to Inverted Charge Transport Marcus Regions in Molecular, Nat. Nanotechnol. 2018, 13, 322-329.
3. Chen, X. P.#; Roemer, M.#;Yuan, L.; Wang T.; Jiang, L.; Wang, L. J.; Nijhuis, C. A.Molecular Diodes with Rectification Ratios Exceeding 105 Driven by Electrostatic Interactions, Nat. Nanotechnol. 2017, 12, 797-803.
4. Yuan, L.#; Franco, C.#; Crivillers, N.#; Mas-Torrent, M.; Cao, L.; Rovira, C.; Veciana, J.; Nijhuis, C. A.Chemical Control over the Energy Level Alignment in a Two-Terminal Junction, Nat. Commun. 2016, Article number: 12066.
5. Yuan, L.; Breuer, R.; Jiang, L.; Annadata, H. V.; Schmittel, M.; Nijhuis, C. A. A Molecular Diode with a Statistically Robust Rectification Ratio of Three Orders of Magnitude, Nano. Lett. 2015, 15, 5506-5512.
6. Yuan, L.; Nerngchamnong, N.; Cao, L.; Hamoudi, H.; Del Barco, E.; Roemer, M.; Sriramula, R.; Thompson, D.; Nijhuis, C. A. Controlling the Direction of Rectification in a Molecular Diode, Nat. Commun. 2015, 6, Article number: 6324.
7. Yuan L.; Jiang, L.; Thompson, D.; Nijhuis, C. A. On the Remarkable Role of Surface Topography of the Bottom-Electrodes in Blocking Leakage Currents in Molecular Diodes, J. Am. Chem.Soc. 2014, 136, 6554-6557.
8. Yuan, L.; Jiang, L.; Zhang, B.; Nijhuis, C. A. Dependency of the Tunneling Decay Coefficient in Molecular Tunneling Junctions on the Topography of the Bottom Electrodes,Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 3377-3381.
9. Nerngchanmnong, N.#;Yuan, L.#; Qi, D. C.; Jiang, L.; Thompson, D.; Nijhuis, C. A.The Role of van der Waals Forces in the Performance of Molecular Diodes, Nat. Nanotechnol. 2013, 8, 113-118.